A recent survey conducted by popular travel website TripAdvisor.com named Best Western the most pet-friendly U.S. hotel chain.
TripAdvisor’s annual traveling with pets survey also revealed that 53 percent of respondents who own pets travel with them, and 52 percent of pet owners responded that they only stay at pet-friendly locations. Thirty-seven percent of pet owners said they would pay more to stay in pet-friendly accommodations, but this number increased to 50 percent among dog owners.
Among the survey’s highlights:
- Twenty percent of respondents confessed to smuggling a pet into their hotel room.
- Six percent of pet owners go on vacation in order to take a break from the 24/7 care of their pet.
- Pet sitting ranked highest in the services pet owners wanted to see offered by hotels.
- According to 61 percent of pet owners, the United States is the most popular vacation destination for pets.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 pet-friendly accommodations include:
- TierraLinda Bed and Breakfast, Galena, Ill. Average nightly rate: $135
- The Sleepy Dog Guest House, Bisbee, Ariz. Average nightly rate: $95
- Gazebo Inn Ogunquit, Ogunquit, Maine. Average nightly rate: $144
- Spruce Moose Lodge and Cottages, North Conway, N.H. Average nightly rate: $124
- The Ocean Lodge, Cannon Beach, Ore. Average nightly rate: $220
- Cambria Shores Inn, Cambria, Calif. Average nightly rate: $232
- Hotel Marlowe, Cambridge, Mass. Average nightly rate: $288
- Courtney’s Place, Key West, Fla. Average nightly rate: $104
- La Quinta Inn and Suites South Padre, South Padre Island, Texas. Average nightly rate: $177
- Hotel Monaco Denver, Denver, Colo. Average nightly rate: $247
For more tips on traveling with your dog, click here.