We all know dogs are part of the family so when you’re doing you’re holiday baking make sure to bake up a little something special for them this holiday season too. These also make great holiday gifts for the dogs and dog-lover’s in your life!
Not only are these a tasty holiday treat, but ginger is really good for dogs too! “It helps with immunity and digestion, it helps reduce inflammation and has even been proven to help the circulation in dogs,” says Kanaka.
Gingerbread Cookies for Dogs
- Oat Flour: 1 cup (141g)
- Rice Flour: 2/3 cup (93g)
- Potato Starch: 1/3 cup (48g)
- Egg: 1
- Cinnamon: 1 tsp (5g)
- Ginger: 1 Tbsp (14g)
- Applesauce: 4 tsp (20g)
- Water: 1/2 cup (98g)
- Honey: 2-1/2 Tbsp (38g)
- Oil: 2-1/2 Tbsp (37g)
- Set your oven at 325 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside [Oat Flour, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Egg, Ginger, and Cinnamon,].
- Whisk together the wet ingredients until well incorporated [Applesauce, Water, Honey, and Oil].
- Fold the wet into the dry with a spatula until the ingredients begin the come together. Then finish folding with your hands until the desired consistency. It should be soft to the touch but not sticky or wet.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick and cut out with desired shape (we use a small gingerbread man!) Using a bench scraper lift the gingerbread off the table and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- You don’t need to leave much space in between the cookies, because they won’t rise that much. So feel free to fill your pan with gingerbread man dough! Bake at 325 for 20 minutes, flipping half way through to make sure they are baked evenly. Let the gingerbread cookies cool, and then comes the fun part, the taste test! Hopefully your dog enjoyed the cookies as much as my taste testers!