1. When he first comes home, he will need some time to adjust and some encouragement from you to build up his inherent confidence.
2. Start with introductions to the family, then progress to other people, other dogs and new places once your pup has received the proper vaccinations and can go out in public.
3. Choose safe toys for your Chihuahua and engage him in play.
4. Standing on a grooming table, wearing his collar and lead and practicing basic exercises like sit should be introduced and taught with lots of praise.
5. Learn the principles of successful puppy training.
6. Your Chihuahua’s crate is a valuable tool for giving him a place of his own and keeping him safe in many situtations.