- The responsibility of teaching acceptable social skills falls on you, the Parson Russell Terrier owner.
- Socialization, introducing the pup to other people, strange dogs, new experiences, etc., is essential to your Parson Russell Terriers growing up happy, confident and well-behaved in the home and out in public.
- Be consistent! Decide on the house rules, enforce them and make sure all family members stick to them.
- Pick a name for your puppy and use it often so that he learns that it refers to him.
- Your Parson Russell Terrier must be housebroken (taught to adopt proper toileting habits) if the two of you are going to happily share a clean home.
- Consider your Parson Russell Terriers safety and comfort when traveling. Whether you travel with him often or just take him to the vet, he should be accustomed to riding in the car.
Reprinted from Breeder’s Best: Parson Russell Terrier © 2004 Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Article Tags:dog channel