1. A Miniature Schnauzer is intelligent but can be stubborn, posing a challenge to new owners, who must establish themselves as leaders with their pups right away.
2. Take advantage of your puppy’s capacity to learn when young. Start training him as soon as he comes home.
3. Positive reinforcement is the preferred way of training dogs. It definitely is the best way to train a Miniature Schnauzer.
4. Word association and timing are two essential components of training success.
5. Learn and practice the basic principles of training a dog.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Miniature Schnauzer © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.