1. Once your pup is used to his new family and surroundings, and properly vaccinated, begin socialization to the outside world.
2. Early lessons can include introduction to the grooming table and basic grooming procedures.
3. Let your puppy become comfortable with his collar and lead and then proceed to taking short on-lead walks.
4. Introduce your pup informally to the basic commands before real training begins.
5. Let your pup explore his crate and begin to instill in him a positive association with it.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Maltese © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.