1. Remember the Apso’s tendency to be wary of strangers. Make careful introductions; do not overwhelm the pup with too much at one time.
2. Your pup should be restricted to home until he is sufficiently vaccinated; ask your vet about safe timing.
3. A few early training exercises with your young pup include introduction to the grooming table and gentle grooming, and introduction to his collar and lead.
4. When its time for socialization, you can begin to bring your puppy to different dog-friendly places to see the sights and meet the people.
5. Also introduce your pup to his crate, your most valuable training and safety tool.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Lhasa Apso © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.