1. Part of puppy training is socializing your pup to people, other dogs and new situations and surroundings.
2. Puppy kindergarten classes offer the advantages of professional guidance plus interaction with other puppies and owners.
3. A positive, motivational method, utilizing treats and lots of praise, is the best way to train any dog.
4. The basic commands are Sit, Down, Stay, Heel and Come.
5. Commands are necessary for good manners and for your dog’s safety.
6. Keep training fun, positive and, most of all, consistent.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Doberman Pinscher © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.