- Socializing your puppy and creating a consistent schedule for him are two essential ingredients in your happy relationship with each other.
- Encourage good habits from the start! Keep the pup confined to specific areas while he’s learning the house rules to keep him safe and out of mischief.
- Choose a fitting name for your Collie pup and use it often so that he learns to recognize it.
- Housebreaking must begin when your puppy first comes home so that he learns proper toileting habits as quickly as possible.
- Early lessons with your pup include teaching proper car behavior, accustoming him to his collar and leash and introducing commands through play.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Collie © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.