1. In all you do with your puppy, house-training especially, structure and consistency are essential to success.
2. Use your crate and baby gates to confine your puppy to certain rooms before he is fully house-trained.
3. A puppy will require many potty trips each day. Be sure to praise him when he goes and do not scold him unless you catch him in the act.
4. Use your crate correctly; do not abuse it! When used properly, it is a wonderful tool and your Boston will love it.
5. Whether or not you crate train, you still must ensure your pups safety when you are not home or cannot supervise.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Boston Terrier © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.