Toxic To Rabbits

Some household items may be toxic to rabbits.

The following household items may possibly be toxins to pet rabbits:

  • Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) — often present in nonstick cookware, curling and clothing irons — may be toxic to small animals when overheated.

  • Aerosol sprays when wet

  • Bleach when wet (dry area thoroughly after cleaning with bleach solution, and keep your rabbit out of the room while using bleach).

  • Cages with galvanized wire may contain toxic lead or copper.

Talk to a veterinarian specializing in rabbits if you have questions about whether a household item might affect a rabbit’s health.

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Linkedin
Share On Pinterest
Share On Reddit
Share On Stumbleupon
Article Categories:
Critters · Rabbits