Send us a high-resolution, digital photo on disk or via email, or a print photo via postal mail that shows off your saltwater tank. Fill out the entry form to tell us about your tank. It’s that simple!
There will be first-, second- and third-place prizes awarded. Some entries may receive Honorable Mention status (no prize will be given).
Winning photographs will appear in the 2014 edition of Marine Fish & Reef USA. All photo contest entries must be postmarked by August 30, 2013.
Enter the Top Tank Photo Contest!
1. Send a color print or digital image of your saltwater aquarium. Prints should be unmounted, unframed and no larger than 8 by 10 inches. Digital images must be taken using a camera with 5 or more megapixels set on its highest resolution (mail these entries to us on CD or DVD, or send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A completed entry form must be included for each entry (photocopied forms are acceptable). Attach a completed form to the back of each photo, or include one with the CD or DVD for digital entries (be sure to mark which digital image goes with which entry). If sending via email, include information in the body of the email. Mark the subject line: Top Tank 2014 Entry!
2. Send only unpublished photographs. Each person may submit multiple entries if they own more than one saltwater aquarium, but only one prize per person will be awarded.
3. Any amateur photographer may submit photos, except employees of I-5 Publishing and their families. Photographs taken by professional photographers or photography studios will not be considered for the contest.
4. All entries become the property of Marine Fish & Reef USA and cannot be returned. Any future use, such as in I-5 Publishing magazines or websites, is at the discretion of I-5 Publishing. No payment, other than prize money for this photo contest if you are a winner, will be awarded. By submitting your photograph to this photo contest, you agree that if you win the contest, your contact information will be given to contest sponsors, who may use the information for marketing purposes.
5. Entrants certify that they own the saltwater tank photographed or have the owner’s permission to enter the contest. The photographer whose name appears on the entry form will receive the prize money, and the address and phone number provided on the form should be the photographer’s.
6. First-place winner receives $75, the second-place winner receives $50, and the third-place winner receives $25. The judges also may choose to award Honorable Mention status to various entries (no prizes given for Honorable Mentions).
7. Winners will be chosen by judges selected by the Marine Fish & Reef USA staff. Entries will be judged on technical merit (clarity, composition and lighting) and information submitted. All decisions are final.
8. Mail entries to Marine Fish & Reef USA 2014 Photo Contest, Attn: Editorial, 3 Burroughs, Irvine, CA 92618. All entries must be postmarked no later than August 30, 2013. Email entries to email@example.com and mark the subject line: Top Tank 2014 Entry! Winners are not notified in advance. Prize money (in the form of a check) is mailed following the magazine’s publication date (by December 2013).
Marine Fish & Reef USA 2014 Photo Contest Entry Info
Information required to enter is listed below. Please print legibly! Marine Fish & Reef USA is not responsible for misinterpreted information.
Size of Tank:
Age of Tank: Tank inhabitants:
What factor contributes most to the tank’s success?
Deadline: August 30, 2013 Send to: Marine Fish & Reef USA Photo Contest, Attn: Editorial, 3 Burroughs, Irvine, CA 92618. Send digital images on CD or DVD taken by a camera with 5 megapixels or higher, at highest resolution. Mail in or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mark the subject line: Top Tank 2014 Entry!