Kathy Venn of Minnesota said that this recipe is a favorite in her flock. “My African grey, Canary and Spice Finches love this mix. I feed it along with fruit, veggies and seed mixed with pellets,” Venn said.
- 3 Sweet potatoes
- 2 Ripe bananas (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (optional)
- 1/4 C. Peanut butter
- 1/4 C. Frozen peas and corn mixed
1. Boil sweet potatoes and peel them into a bowl.
2. Mash peeled sweet potatoes with butter.
3. Mix in the peanut butter, frozen peas and corn.
Venn portions the Smash into freezer bags which feeds her African grey, canary and finches for about a month. This recipe freezes well and can be thawed in the microwave the morning of use.