Thursday marks an important day in British history. On June 23, citizens will vote to decide whether Britain should remain in or leave the European Union (EU), which is an economic and political partnership made up of 28 European countries.
Britain’s potential exit — dubbed Brexit — has gotten quite a lot of attention lately, and not just from the media. Cats are making a stand, too.
Several British kitties have taken to Twitter to express their opinion against Britain leaving the EU, and they’re doing so using the hashtag #CatsAgainstBrexit. Naturally.
Cats have gone quite political… cat-style of course. Here are some of their opinions:
1. The decision to make a decision was a difficult decision to make.
— GFDavies (@gailfdavies) June 21, 2016
2. Some cats are for workers’ rights.
Work is important.
3. You just can’t believe everything you read on the Internet.
— lara (@creepygrrl) June 20, 2016
Except for things you see on Petcha, of course.
4. Cats understand the importance of diversity.
Homogeneity is so boring. (That’s why there are so many different cat breeds.)
5. Cats don’t want to get new passports.
— Lottie (@LottieChase) June 20, 2016
The photo never comes out right.
6. Good veterinarians are hard to find.
Cats throughout the United Kingdom are worried about losing the only vet they won’t bite.
7. And then there are the cats who are just fed up with the whole thing.
— Vikki Stone (@vikkistone) June 20, 2016
What will the hashtag be once the results are in after Thursday’s vote?