Singer Joss Stone has postponed several shows on her Total World Tour in the Caribbean after her dog Missy was taken to the veterinarian with internal bleeding.
On April 15, Stone addressed her fans on her Facebook page about her dog’s condition as well as the tour postponement.
“I am very sad to announce that I have to postpone the show in Barbados and also Trinidad and Tobago,” Stone wrote. “Hopefully I will be able to return in time for the gig in Venezuela if all is well.
“Last night my dog Missy got rushed to the vets with internal bleeding, I was told she could have only a few hours to live. Luckily she made it through the night and they are now working hard to find out what is wrong and save her. Missy is the closest thing I have to a child. I know to some that may sound ridiculous but for me it is everything. I have to go back and make sure she is ok before I can continue with the tour. I hope that those who have planned to attend the shows can understand. I will come back I promise, but right now Missy comes first. Please say a prayer for Missy. I don’t know what I will do if she is not around. I can’t bear the thought. Please say a prayer even if you don’t believe in God, just put out some good energy for her.”
Many of Stone’s fans are behind her in her decision to postpone her shows. Her Facebook page shows a lot of sentiment directed toward Stone, who is an animal rights activist as well as an accomplished singer, songwriter and actress.
- Joss Stone: Thanks you all so much for your positive and caring comments. Xxxx
- Kim McCarthy-Giogios: My furbabies are my children just like my daughter. Never apologize for doing what is right. Please keep us updated on how misty is doing. Sending light, love and gentle belly rubs for your baby xoxo
- Ken Hodges: I love that you love your dog so much,they give nothing less to you than you have to her.
- Renee Lowery Arevalo: It makes perfect sense. Other dog lovers completely understand. You both are in my prayers.
- Rachael Bride: Absolutely completely understand… I would move heaven and earth for my two Ridgebacks… hope Missy is going to b ok xx
- Luciana Amorim: I really hope that she recovers soon. all my good thoughts to you both
- Michelle Rodrigues Tinoco: A couple hours ago i buried my buddy Mr. Fish (a betta fish), we have been together about two years… So i will pray that good and positive vibes can reach you big friend, stay strong! Friends always come first.
There is no word yet on when she will start touring again. Fans are advised to watch her Facebook page for information on when she will return.