1. Mush may be the only command that your Husky really understands. Running is fun and easy. The rest of obedience class doesn’t really interest the Husky.
2. Start teaching your Husky puppy as early as possible, emphasize positive training and give him lots of love and liver.
3. Two important rules: Be the lead dog (the alpha), and know how to communicate with your dog.
4. Teach word association for basic behaviors.
5. It’s all in the timing: Learn the seven rules to successful puppy training.
6. Play the three games with your puppy to teach him to come to you.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Siberian Husky © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.