- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1/3 cup green peas or shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled, dried seaweed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Shape into patties and broil or saute in a skillet to medium rare. Serve at once.
Recipe reprinted by arrangement with Gotham Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc., from “The Dog Ate It” by Linda West Eckhardt, Barbara Bradley, with Judy Kern. Copyright © 2006 by Linda West Eckhardt and Barbara Bradley.