An added bonus, the peppermint and parsley help with bad breath, which will thrill your guests.
1 cup flour
½ tsp salt
1 tablespoon parsley
1 ½ tablespoons flaxseed oil
¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Mix flour, salt, and parsley together in mixer.
2. Add flaxseed and peppermint oil, mix.
3. Add chicken broth; mix until all dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Roll dough out on floured surface to a 1/8” thick sheet.
5. Cut into ¼ – ½” inch strips.
6. Fold strips in have and twist together, curving one end over to make a candy cane shape.
7. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
8. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
Makes approximately 10 candy canes
Allow to cool thoroughly before giving to your dog!
These are the perfect treat to give your dog while you are enjoying a holiday meal. They also make a festive gift for any pet lover; just wrap them up in some pretty cellophane, put them in a cookie tin, or stick them in a stocking, and voila! You have a unique present for the host or hostess at the next holiday party.
Looking for more holiday dog recipes? Check out these holiday dog treats!