The sires listed below are top producers according to official AKC records Jan. 1, 2015, through Dec. 31, 2015.
TOP SIRE QUESTIONS
1. Provide a brief biography of yourselves and your experience in the sport.
2. Provide a brief biography of your sire’s breeder(s) and background in the sport, if you are not the breeder.
3. Briefly describe the highlights of your sire’s show career.
4. What is significant about the breeding that produced him, his sire and dam or the dogs behind him?
5. Are there two or three traits that you feel he is particularly prepotent for?
GCh. Egillo Z Teramonu
Owners: Audra Lynn and Maren LaPlante
1. & 2. My name is Audra Lynn of Famous Cresteds. I’ve only been in the sport for five years. I have bred or shown a top crested every year, have had a dog break a 20-year record for the most BIS in a row overseas, a couple National Bred-by winners, etc.
3. ‘Neo’ has had a fantastic show career. He was a top 10 dog first in Europe, and then a top five crested two years in the US. He has won several Groups and a Toy Specialty Best in Show. He is now showing in the juniors ring with his junior, Maren LaPlante. They are currently No. 1 and a Top Toy! He has produced some amazing get, several winning BIS overseas and placing in the Group in the US.
4. Neo’s breeding has several Chinese Cresteds I’ve admired for years. His grandsire lives in Germany and is my favorite Crested of all time.
5. Besides the beautiful type, the biggest thing for me with Neo is the sound temperament he produces. Neo and his get are always outgoing, smart and resilient. The other trait I love about him is his health. He is clear on everything. Health is very important to me and my breedings.
GChG. Loujon Thornwood Little Jacob
English Toy Spaniel (Blenheim & Prince Charles)
Owners: Karen Miller and Jamie Ward
1. & 2. I was the breeder-handler of three multiple BIS English Springer Spaniels, handling Ch. Loujon Executor to Group 1st at Westminster. Ch. Loujon Black Label held the record for ESS specialty wins for a number of years. I won the ESSFTA National with each of them. The third was Ch. Loujon Legend. I also handled Best of Breed winners at the Irish Setter (100th National), Pointer, Gordon Setter and two English Cocker Spaniel National Specialties.
I’ve shown English Toy Spaniels (Charlies) to Best of Breed at the National eight times, three times with dogs I bred: Ch. Loujon Backroad Adenture (the top-winning B&PC, 19 all-breed BIS) and GChG. Loujon Thornwood Little Jacob. Ch. Loujon Backroads To Paris was also a BIS winner.
3. GChG. Loujon Thornwood Little Jacob, co-bred with Jamie Ward, has been Best of Variety at three National Specialty shows, going Best of Breed there twice. He has won many other specialties as well. He won BOB at the Garden in 2015.
4. Vanessa Weber was my introduction to the Charlies. Her Ch. Little Artist De Vilflorlane was the first Charlie I handled to BIS. ‘Jacob’ (Ch. Adair’s Journey to Ravissant x Ch. Athena des Trois Maillets, a French bitch we imported) is linebred to Little Artist, as are all the Loujon dogs.
5. The traits I feel Jacob is prepotent for are his head and his way of going.