The sires listed below are top producers according to official AKC records Jan. 1, 2014, through Dec. 31, 2014. Statistics include both Champion and Grand Champion offspring.
TOP SIRE QUESTIONS
1. Provide a brief biography of yourselves and your experience in the sport.
2. Provide a brief biography of your sire’s breeder(s) and background in the sport, if you are not the breeder.
3. Briefly describe the highlights of your sire’s show career.
4. What is significant about the breeding that produced him, his sire and dam or the dogs behind him?
5. Are there two or three traits that you feel he is particularly prepotent for?
GCh. Kiarry’s Back In The Saddle
Owners: Sophia, Emma, Kim and Faith Rogers
We, Harry and Lisa Miller, the breeders of GCh. Kiarry’s Back In The Saddle, got our foundation bitch from James and Judy Rea of Kelly Mt. Kennels. And with the guidance of our mentors, Dr. Robert and Polly Smith, we got Ch. Kelly Mt. Primes Lucky Lady. Her first litter produced two Best in Show winners, Ch. Kiarry’s Who’s Next @ Kelly Mt. and Ch. Kiarry’s Dream On @ Kelly Mt. We have devoted ourselves to the betterment of the breed and are striving to continue to breed the best American Foxhounds
we can. The love and passion for this breed shows in every puppy we breed.
‘Bobby’ was the No. 1 American Foxhound
in 2014. He is a multi-Group winner, Best of Opposite Sex to Jewel at the American Foxhound National Specialty in 2012. Bobby is owned by Sophia, Emma, Kim and Faith Rogers. He spends his days having fun with the Rogers Family, doing many activities. He’s a Juniors dog and a breed dog, with many Group wins. He enjoys being a family dog and is picky about who to sleep with at night. We could not be more proud of what Bobby has accomplished as a sire and a companion dog.
5. Bobby has passed on his excellent temperament, beautiful color and graceful movement to his kids, especially his daughter GCh. Kiarry’s Girl On Fire. ‘Alicia’ is a multi-Group winner with many Group placements. She is owned by Krista Beal, Grahm Miller and Lisa Miller. We are very excited and looking forward to this young girl’s future.
GCh. Legends Nutrageous Hamlet CGC
Owners: Mary Zitek, Susanna Anderson and Cheryl Thomas
1. I, Mary Zitek, have been involved with dog shows since I was 19 years old. I always wanted a Bloodhound, and when I got out on my own, I finally purchased my first Bloodhound in 1997. I have had the privilege of Bloodhound breeders wanting to use my males.
2. He was bred by Susanna Anderson.
3. ‘Ogi’ (GCh. Legends Nutrageous Hamlet) has had an amazing show career. He finished his championship after six weekends out by winning WD/BOW at the American Bloodhound Club’s Eastern Regional show. He then earned his Grand Championship in no time at all. In 2011 Ogi was specialed a short 10 weekends and earned enough breed points to become the No. 1 Bloodhound male and No. 5 Bloodhound. Ogi has earned numerous SBIS and AOM, even though he was shown only selectively. Ogi is currently enjoying retirement.
5. Ogi is balanced, large-boned and has a gorgeous headpiece. He has excellent feet and is well angulated. Ogi passed these traits on to his litters. His offspring have the correct amount of bone, beautiful headpieces and are all balanced.
GCh. Hundeleben Queen’s Armada, SL
Owners: Carlos J. Puig, Kaileigh M. Gonzalez and Patrice L. Stephens, MD
1. Carlos J. Puig became a part of Hundeleben Dachshunds with mentors Bruce and Joan Baltes in 1973, when their first litter was 5 days old. Eventually taking over the line, he has bred more than 200 Dachshund champions, including all-breed BIS, No. 1-ranked and National Specialty winners. Along with a very successful handling career, he has shown more top-winning Dachshunds than anyone in the history of the breed.
2. Cheese’s mother, ‘Morgan,’ was co-bred and co-owned by Carlos and Wayne Hiekes, a Flat-Coated Retriever client and friend. She was the top-winning Longhaired Dachshund bitch in history.
3. Cheese started his career winning the Sweeps at the National and came back the following year to finish his championship with Best of Winners. In his Specials career, he was a 16-time all-breed BIS winner, the No. 1 Dachshund for three years (all systems, all coats), a top-ranked Hound and a three-time variety winner at the Garden. He also had countless Specialty wins and a record for number of Hound Group wins in a year for a Longhaired Dachshund. He ended up one of the top-winning Dachshunds ever.
4. Cheese came from a history-making breeding. First and only litter out of two multi-BIS and No. 1-ranked parents. A very planned and successful linebreeding.
5. Producing quality with both linebred and outcrossed bitches. Stamping his get with his beautiful type, front, movement, health and temperament. Sound bodies and minds. He passes on his quality with 13 champions in 2014 out of his first four litters, and some still to finish from three of those litters. He makes his breeders and owners very proud and very blessed!
Ch. Starline’s Sovereign
Owners: Michael Citrin and Lori Lawrence
1. Carey and I, Lori Lawrence, have been breeding Whippets under the Starline prefix for over 30 years and have bred over 100 AKC champions to date. We bred and owned the top Whippet sire in AKC history, Ch. Starline’s Reign On (128 AKC champions), as well as the top-winning Whippet in AKC history, GCh. Starline’s Chanel (72 Best in Shows and 15 Specialty Best in Shows). We also have bred numerous American Whippet Club National Specialty winners and all-breed Best in Show winners.
3. ‘Ashton’ finished his championship in just a few weekends under renowned breeder-judges, as well as highly respected all-rounders. A car struck him shortly afterward, ending his show career, but fate had another plan for him. We are fortunate that Ashton survived. It is a testament to his incredible temperament that enabled him to overcome the pain from the many surgeries, and we feel fortunate he has been able to make a significant contribution to the breed as a sire.
4. Ashton has been the breed’s top-producing sire for the past four consecutive years with 57 AKC champions and numerous Grand Champions to date. He is the result of a frozen semen breeding between SBIS Ch. Starline’s Reign On and multi-BIS, multi-SBIS Ch. Starline’s Sweet Sensation (No. 1 Whippet and No. 3 Hound 2003). ‘Reign’ passed away in 1994, but thanks to modern-day technology, we are still able to incorporate his incredible attributes into our Starline Whippets today. Ashton is a testimony to the strength of his pedigree both through his sire and dam, and passes on the best of both of his parents.
5. Ashton, like his sire, Reign, is particularly strong at producing classic Whippet type: a curvy outline, with layback of shoulder, and the “S” curves that our standard calls for. He consistently improves soundness and side gait, and most importantly his offspring have fabulous temperaments; they love to show and are a pleasure to live with.