Due to possible diethylene glycol contamination, PetEdge has issued a voluntary recall of one of its toothpaste products for pets.
Diethylene glycol is a chemical found in antifreeze and other solvents. If ingested, it can cause headaches, renal failure, or death. PedEdge officials state they have received no reports of any illness associated with the toothpaste and are issuing the recall as a cautionary measure.
The affected product is the 1.4-oz. Top Performance ProDental Toothpaste with Toothbrush kit in both beef and mint flavors. The products’ details are:
Item number: TP128
Beef Flavor UPC Code: 721343128151
Mint Flavor UPC Code: 721343128564
Consumers are urged to discard the product immediately. To receive a credit, customers will have to complete and return a PetEdge Product Destruction Log. For details, call PetEdge at (888) 211-8706.