Being considered “different” by others may sometimes seem like a curse, but for a cat named Mr. Magoo, it was really more of a blessing. If it wasn’t for his unique look, he might never have found a loving forever home. Or become the latest feline Internet sensation.
As a kitten, Mr. Magoo was brought into an animal hospital in British Columbia, Canada, after being found under someone’s porch, according to his official website. Veterinarians conducted an exam and discovered that the little stray had a mildly deformed (but otherwise healthy) skull and a misaligned lower jaw, which causes his tongue to stick out. Like a lot. But, despite his condition (or possibly because of it), it was love at first sight for one of the veterinary technicians, who decided then and there to take the little guy home.
Mr. Magoo, who now lives in Vancouver, is still able to eat (canned food) and steal food and get into all sorts of adorable mischief. Here are some of his silliest moments captured on his increasingly popular Instagram.
1. Who does Mr. Magoo pray to? Grumpy Cat, maybe?
2. Despite his fame, he helps with chores. See, Mr. Magoo is just like us!
3. He really digs Casual Fridays, apparently.
4. And is not a fan of Mondays.
5. Go home, Mr. Magoo. You’re drunk.
6. “If you don’t turn on Animal Planet right now I will FREAK OUT.”
7. He’s just as confused by the popularity of Furbys as the rest of us.
8. He is a PRO at the funny face photo.
9. And he’s already won every Halloween contest, because SQUEE!