Here is a list of the supplies you’ll need to create a Small Pet Disaster Kit:
- Bottles of water
- Extra water bottle (sized for your pet’s species)
- Food (specific to your pet’s species)
- Treats (specific to your pet’s species)
- Medication your pet regularly takes and supplies to administer it
- Extra bedding/litter (specific to your pet’s species)
- Bowl for food and treats
- Bowl or extra bottle for water
- Hand sanitizer
- Wood blocks or toys for your pet
- Small Pet Information Pack
Note: Regularly rotate the food supplies to keep them fresh, and replace them as needed. Replenish medical supplies and check expiration dates on any medication your pet regularly takes. Rotate medication and supplies as they near expiration dates.
Store the supplies in an airtight container and keep it near your Small Pet First-Aid Kit and travel carrier. In the event you need to evacuate your home, it’s easier to have everything in one spot instead of hunting around for the supplies you’ll need.
Small Pet Information Pack
In a clear, plastic page holder or folder, keep all of your pets’ information using a Small Pet Profile, current pictures of your small pet and a list of emergency contacts.
Create your Small Pet Profile, click here.
Please Rescue My Pet!
Place a sign to let emergency crews know that small pets are inside your home and need to be rescued in the event of a disaster. Make sure to include the number of pets inside and visual indicators (like colors or pattern markings) and the animal species (especially for multi-pet homes).
Print a Small Pet Disaster Sign, click here.
See all exclusives, click here>>