Cranbury, New Jersey-based Loving Pets has announced a voluntary recall of several of the company’s dog treats due to possible Salmonella contamination.
While no illnesses or complaints have been reported, the company has announced that the following products not be used and be returned to the place of purchase:
Loving Pets Barksters
- Item #5700 Sweet Potato and Chicken UPC 842982057005 – Lot # 021619
- Item #5705 Brown Rice and Chicken UPC 842982057050 – Lot 021419
Loving Pets Puffsters Snack Chips
- Item #5100 Apple and Chicken UPC 842982051003 – Lot 051219, 112118, 112918, 012719, 012519, 013019
- Item #5110 Banana and Chicken UPC 842982051102 – Lot 112218, 112818, 112918, 013119
- Item #5120 Sweet Potato and Chicken UPC 842982051201 – Lot 112818, 020119
- Item #5130 Cranberry and Chicken UPC 842982051300 – Lot 020319, 112918, 020219
- Item #2570314 Chicken and Apple Puff Treats UPC 800443220696 – Lot 121418, 121918, 122318, 010419, 010619, 010519
Pets exposed to Salmonella often are lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting, according to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, which announced the company’s recall June 14, 2017.
People are also at risk of Salmonella. Symptoms in people include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. More serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms can occur.
The possible contamination comes from a single ingredient that was supplied to the company from a supplier based in the United States. The company’s internal quality assurance team discovered the possible contaminant via the company’s quality control testing procedures and food safety program.
If you purchased any of the above products, the company urges that you return the product to the place of purchase. For more information visit the Loving Pets website at www.LovingPetsProducts.com or call the company at 866-599-PETS (7387).