VCA Animal Hospitals is offering free boarding for pets affected by the Colorado Four Mile Canyon fire, which to date, has consumed more than 6,000 acres.
“For approximately 3,000 residents facing mandatory evacuations or loss of their homes, VCA is committed to assist them by providing free boarding for their pets so they can concentrate on the safety and welfare of their families and homes,” said Art Antin, COO of VCA Animal Hospitals. “VCA wants everyone affected to know that during this difficult time, they can keep their pets safe and comfortable with VCA’s free boarding offer.”
The following VCA hospitals are participating in the program:
- VCA All Pets Animal Hospital Boulder, Boulder
- VCA All Pets Animal Hospital Lafayette, Lafayette
- VCA Fort Collins Animal Hospital, Fort Collins
- VCA Alameda East Animal Hospital, Denver
- VCA Aspenwood Animal Hospital, Denver
- VCA Southeast Area Animal Hospital, Denver
- VCA Douglas County Animal Hospital, Castle Rock
- VCA Mountainview Animal Hospital and Pet Lodge, Highlands Ranch
- VCA Thornton Animal Hospital, Thornton
- VCA Anderson Animal Hospital, Lakewood
- VCA Wingate Animal Hospital, Englewood
VCA noted that boarding assistance for pets is based on space availability. Pet owners should call their local VCA in advance to ensure that the facility has space available to accept additional pets, according to the Los Angeles-based company.
For contact details, visit www.vcahospitals.com