You can let your cat join in holiday festivities. But beware: Many dangers exist involving holiday foods and pets.
During the holidays, many of us tend to overeat. We may need to diet afterward to remove the excess weight. If our cats are fed too much, they cannot put themselves on diets. They need our help to regain their sleek physiques. They also need our protection from eating things they shouldn’t, including items that could cause food poisoning. Taking a few extra precautions can help you keep your cat healthy and trim during holiday time. Here are a few tips that may help:
1. Keep your cat away from foods and other substances it should not eat or drink.
2. Dispose of garbage in a secure container out of your cat’s reach.
3. Use common sense and good hygiene when handling and storing foods.
4. Remind your holiday guests to refrain from sharing their goodies with your cat.
5. Monitor your cat for any signs of illness.