- Ask for an e-mail reminder from the company that makes your dog’s preventive.
- Ask if your veterinarian will send you a reminder card (especially for the injections).
- Buy a pill organizer, and label the days as months so you’ll know whether you gave that month’s dose.
- Create reminder notes on your personal digital assistant (PDA).
- Give your dog his pill on the first of the month.
- Place the medicine in a safe place where you’ll see it regularly.
- Put reminder stickers on your calendar.
- Send yourself e-mail reminders.
If you can’t remember to give your dog his regular dose, talk to your veterinarian to determine a prevention method that better fits your lifestyle.