As I did the research for this week’s Recipe of the Week and looked at all the different cat-themed goodies, I thought two things: (1) never do research for food unless completely full and (2) there are tons of cute cat-themed recipes. While most are aimed more at birthday parties and such, there are a few that work any day of the year. One such recipe is Cat Pizza Biscuits by Pam’s Party and Practical Tips. They’re a great little snack or fun meal not only for children but also for the cat lover in all of us. Note: Pam states on the site that the original recipe was bear-shaped and came from Taste of Home.
Want to make Cat Pizza Biscuits? Here’s what you’ll need:
1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 to a can)
4-6 ripe olives
2-3 mini bella mushrooms
12 slices of pepperoni
shredded cheese (Pam used cheddar, but mozzarella will also work)
3 small cherry tomatoes
Here’s what you do:
1. Place 6 biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
2. Cut the remaining 2 biscuits in a criss-cross pattern to form triangles for the cats’ ears.
3. Attach the ears by shaping a slight curve at the bottom of the triangles and pressing them against the biscuits.
4. Cut the pepperonis into triangles and place on the cat ears.
5. For the nose, Pam cut cherry tomatoes into triangle shapes. You can also use green bell peppers or another vegetable of your choice.
6. Place the triangle nose point side down and push down slightly into the biscuit.
7. Slice the black olives and use them as the cats’ eyes. Press the olives down slightly into the biscuit.
8. After attempting to draw on the cat mouths with a toothpick, Pam decided instead to use mushrooms by slicing them and then cutting them into mouth shapes. If mushrooms aren’t your cup of tea (I personally don’t like them), you can also use bell peppers or another veggie of your choice.
9. Place the slices in an upwardly curved fashion under the nose.
10. Add shredded cheese to the biscuits as the cat fur.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 to 17 minutes.
If you make these, let us know how they came out. Did you substitute any of the ingredients?