1. A Golden person enjoys a versatile talented dog that can join him and his family in many different activities.
2. A Golden person wants to make his dog a true part of the family, as this is a dog with a loving temperament and devotion his people, thriving on the companionship of his human pack.
3. A Golden person can deal with a high-energy dog as well as the oral tendencies shared by all retrievers.
4. A Golden person will devote time to grooming his dog all year round and even more so during the spring and fall shedding seasons.
5. A Golden person knows that training is necessary to direct his dogs talents and energy into good behavior and positive pursuits.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Golden Retriever © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press