Unscripted short movies about the dogs of celebrities will be up for awards during the North Shore Animal League America “DogCatemy Awards” gala, taking place in New York City on Nov. 29.
The master of ceremonies, actor/comedian David Steinberg will entertain guests throughout the evening and present a video of his dog Izzy, who Steinberg says has literally taken over his household.
Among the short movies competing in the Animal League’s DogCatemy Awards are:
- Model and TV-host Beth Ostrosky with her beloved Bulldog Bianca.
- NBC anchor Brian Williams and his 13-year-old League rescue dog Lucy.
- TV personality Lisa Gastineau and her daughter’s pampered Chihuahuas.
- FOX’s Jodi Applegate’s therapy dog.
- Supermodel Kim Alexis’ house of not only cats but a few pigs.
- Actress and producer Anna Deavere Smith and her dog Memphis.
- The cultured pooch of “Queer Eye For the Straight Guy’s” Jai Rodriquez.
- Child actress Hallie Kate Eisenberg and her special team of rescued dogs and cats.
- “House M.D.” Actress Lisa Edelstein’s special relationship with her pooch.
Other celebrities submitting short movies and attending include the Barbi Twins, comedian Victoria Jackson and CBS’s Debbye Turner. The awards to be presented include Best Paw-Formance, Best Supporting Human, Best Ensemble Pack and Best Dogumentary.
All proceeds from the DogCatemy Awards will support North Shore Animal League America’s mission of rescuing animals and finding them homes.
The evening will include a film screening, an award ceremony and live entertainment. Tickets are available at www.nsalamerica.org/gala or by calling (516) 812-7271.