Football games and snacks go hand in hand for humans, but what about the dog? Whether it’s Super Bowl Sunday, watching your favorite team, or playing around with the kids, include your dog in the football fun. Football dog party ideas>>
Check out these pawsome football-shaped dog treats Lucy Postins, CEO of The Honest Kitchen, created in honor of game day.
- 1 cup dehydrated dog food
- ¼ cup ham, diced
- 3 tbsp grated American or Cheddar cheese
- ½ *Avocado, mashed
- 1 free range egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup warm filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Hydrate the dog food with the warm water and stir. Thoroughly mix in the remaining ingredients to form a batter.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into “football” shapes, and place onto a greased or non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Treats can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Although avocado stones are poisonous to dogs (and the stone as well as the tough skin could potentially be a choking hazard), the flesh itself is fine for occasional feeding in small quantities, and is a great source of natural, healthy oils. Take care to keep avocado skin and stones out of your pet’s reach and dispose of them (as well as other hazardous food scraps like onion and cooked meat bones) in a secure trash can that they can’t easily raid while you’re enjoying the game. Learn about other fruits and vegetables you can feed your dog: Fruits for Dogs, Vegetables for Dogs.