Fourth of July is around the corner, which means time to practice your calmest cat de-stressing techniques. Fireworks, parades and loud, drunk idiots all can scare your cat who simply wants to curl up with a good fellow-cat video and lie down. Take it from these cats, little stress triggers go a long way but some cool cat prevention tips are around to help.
1. If a sock can inspire this much fear, imagine what fireworks will do. Shelter Cats from Loud Sounds.
2. A pet parent-sighting can set a cat springing into the air, so think about how a giant party animal in a foam Uncle Sam hat barging into your cat’s habitat might freak her the heck out. Create a Sanctuary Space.
3. Apples can set off cats, people. Apples. No BBQ or People Treats.
4. Carpet. It inspires cardiac arrest in some young cats. Imagine how the larger world outside this kitten’s home would set off a panic attack. Keep Kitty from Escaping.
5. You want your cat to look at you with love, not fear, right? Make this a happy day of celebration instead of a frightening night for your feline friend and you’ll keep the bond strong. If it helps, be progressive; try flower essences for cat stress-reduction and play soothing music. Use Calming Scents and Sounds.