Find out what to pack for your trip with your canine friend.
- Bowls for water and food
- Can opener for canned food
- Cleanup Bags
- Crate or seatbelt restraint system for traveling in the car
- Dog food; for special therapeutic diets; extra in case you can’t find it in stores at your destination.
- Heartworm pills and other prescribed medications.
- On your dog: identification tags.
- Plastic jug of water for your dog to avoid possible upset stomach the first day (water in new areas may contain minerals or bacteria that a dog needs time to adjust to).
- Ramp for senior dog or one with joint problems.
- Towels for muddy paws.
- Treats and toys.
- Your dog’s registration and proof of rabies certificate, especially if you’re leaving the country.
- Your veterinarian’s telephone number (in case your forget required medications).