For Olga Zabelinskaya, winning American Groomer of the Year at the SuperZoo pet retailer trade show in Las Vegas was a dream come true.
“I’ve always shared my life with animals, and when I came to the U.S. there was no question of what I wanted to do,” says Zabelinskaya, who owns Elite Pet Spa & Boutique in Madison, N.J.
A total of eight awards were presented at the event, which was held at the Mandalay Bay resort, including new awards for grooming salons and one for mobile groomers.
And the winners are:
• American Groomer of the Year – Olga Zabelinskaya
• International Groomer of the Year – Clayton Muniz
• Grooming Contest Judge – Diane Betelak
• Congeniality – Sue Zecco
• David G. Salzberg Award (Outstanding Contribution by an Individual or Organization) – Chuck Simons
• Retail Pet Salon of the Year (Less than 5 Units) – Elite Pet Spa & Boutique
• Retail Pet Salon of the Year (More than 5 Units) – Petsense
• Mobile Groomer of the Year – Shaffia Galis-Menendez
For more information on the awards and the winners, click here.