King Cake is a Mardi Gras must-have. Why not let your dog in on your “Fat Tuesday” indulgences and let them enjoy the feasts of the day as well?
We found this great recipe from the Dog Treat Kitchen who has many amazing cake and cookie recipes to choose from on their site. Their Banana Pecan Bundt recipe (printed here), is full of flavors perfect for a Mardi Gras King Cake.
Banana Pecan Dog Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together the bananas and butter until creamy.
- Beat in water and eggs one at a time.
- Stir dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly into a prepared bundt pan. A bundt pan, is the traditional shape, but this can also be baked into a cake or muffin pan if you don’t have one on hand, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Add some dog friendly frosting in greens and purples and you are ready to serve this yummy treat! Plain Yogurt mixed with honey and a few drops of food coloring works great as a frosting.