Dog Breed Traits Quiz
Decipher your mixed-breed dog’s behavior to learn what breeds he may be.
Irish Setters set, retrievers retrieve, and pointers point, right? Well, yes, most of them do. Purebred dogs usually show behaviors that conform to their breed’s inherent traits. Your mixed-breed dog’s behavior may provide clues to his own makeup. Take our quiz to learn what his behaviors could be telling you about his breed.
1. Your mixed-breed dog loves to “round up” your children. Perhaps he is part:
a) Pembroke Welsh Corgi
b) Cocker Spaniel
2. Your mixed-breed dog quite often has his nose to the ground. Perhaps he is part:
a) Great Dane
c) Doberman Pinscher
3. On the prowl, your mixed-breed dog stalks unsuspecting birds. Perhaps he is part:
4. Not only is your fenced yard a testament to canine digging activity, but your mixed-breed dog also has become an escape artist. Perhaps he is part:
a) West Highland White Terrier
b) Miniature Schnauzer
c) Wire Fox Terrier
5. Your mixed-breed dog loves to swim in pools, creeks, and even puddles. Perhaps he is part:
a) Bassett Hound
For more information on the identity of your mixed
breed, check out the October 2008 issue of DOG FANCY.