Check out these great ways to give back and go green with your dog.
- Plan a group cleanup of the local dog park or dog beach.
- Plant trees in your yard, a local dog park, or dog-friendly natural park.
- Volunteer to “poop scoop” your neighborhood.
- Sign up to clear dog-friendly hiking trails.
- Go door to door in your neighborhood asking people to donate recyclables; then give the money to a local rescue or shelter.
- Go through your dog’s stuff and throw out anything that’s not natural or eco-friendly.
- Throw out any cleaners that may harm your pet and replace with eco-friendly, non-toxic options.
- Replace your dog’s shampoo with biodegradable options that won’t hurt the Earth.
- Create a place to store plastic bags to recycle as “doggie bags,” or by biodegradable bags to replace your old, non-Earth-friendly brands.
- Take a picnic lunch together.
- Walk with your dog to the pet store to get his supplies.
- Have a “green” party with friends and family in the backyard – only natural and organic foods allowed!
- Turn off all you lights, open your curtains, and enjoy a candle-lit dinner as the sun sets.