Summer is a time for vacations, swimming, outdoor activities and, most importantly, ice cream. Who doesn’t love to cool off from the heat of the day with a delicious, frozen treat? Of all the creatures that could use some cooling off during the hot summer months, our furry friends are the ones who should be thrown a “bone.”
Heat can hit dogs hard. During these hotter months, it’s important to pay extra attention to your pet to make sure that they don’t overheat. This frozen treat can help prevent just that! It is another variation on plain, whole-milk yogurt, which can be a very healthy snack for your pup.
To share one of the best parts of summer with your pet, follow the simple recipe below.
1 cup plain, whole-milk yogurt
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Assemble the ingredients.
2. Peel and slice the banana into little discs.
3. Add the banana to the peanut butter.
4. Smash the banana into mush and mix with the peanut butter.
5. Add the yogurt to the mixture and mix until it’s a fairly even consistency.
6. Place the yogurt in the freezer for a few hours until very cold, but not frozen solid. Remove and serve.
This recipe was reviewed by a veterinarian. It is intended as a treat or snack and should only be a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. If your pet has any health issues or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this food item.