If you don’t want your cat in your face at all hours, try these suggestions:
- See your veterinarian to rule out any medical problems.
- Differentiate needy from demanding.
- Look in the mirror to discover who created this monster, then:
- Don’t respond to demands you find obnoxious or overbearing.
- Don’t be a pushover.
- Be like a cat: a bit aloof, a bit indifferent.
- Practice a gentle form of “tough love.” Just don’t give the cat so much attention.
- Bring home another cat. A lot of needy behavior is just boredom. An appropriate companion could solve your problem.