Couple Takes Newborn-Style Photos To Introduce Their New Puppy

Humphry is, without a doubt, the cutest baby you've ever seen on Facebook.

Written by
He'll be walking on his own in no time. Via Elisha Minnette Photography/Facebook

It’s difficult to check Facebook without having to scroll past what feels like a million pregnancy announcements, the first pictures of pink, wrinkled newborns or the creative-but-misguided photographers who think propping a bleary-eyed baby beside a fruit basket makes them Anne Freakin’ Geddes.

Thank goodness that Matt Kay and Abby Lee of Australia spared us from all of that. The couple worked with photographer Elisha Minnette to capture some beautiful, evocative images of the two of them with the new addition to their family, including shots of baby Humphry in a stroller, of them holding hands with the little guy and beaming as they embrace him.

The happy couple with their new bundle of joy. Via Elisha Minnette Photography/Facebook

The happy couple with their new bundle of joy. Via Elisha Minnette Photography/Facebook

But the crucial difference — and the reason I didn’t slam my laptop shut like the cynical Single Girl I am — is because Humphry is their puppy. The photo shoot happened just as they brought the little Groodle (half Golden Retriever, half poodle) home after adopting him.

“Making people smile & have a laugh was our intention for these images and after reading a lot of the comments, I feel we achieved that,” Minnette wrote on her Facebook page. “I’m so happy that at least 99% of you people have the same sense of humor as we do. As for the other 1%, lighten up a little!”

Awww, look at his widdle feet! Via Elisha Minnette Photography/Facebook

Awww, look at his widdle feet! Via Elisha Minnette Photography/Facebook

It was certainly a welcome change from the usual assortment of newborn shots. Now instead of just scrolling past all those other babies as fast as humanly possible, I’ll pause, shake my head and say, “Sorry, but he’s not as cute as Humphry.”

"You're gonna push me at some point, right?" Via Elisha Minnette Photography/Facebook

“You’re gonna push me at some point, right?” Via Elisha Minnette Photography/Facebook

 

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Linkedin
Share On Pinterest
Share On Reddit
Share On Stumbleupon
Article Categories:
Trending

Comments