Tempting Tuna Treats
~ Makes 55 to 65 marble-sized treats ~
To most cats, tuna is almost as attractive as catnip! Try this delicious cat treat recipe on your cat!
- 1 3-ounce can albacore tuna in water or oil, undrained
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to shred the tuna into small pieces.
- Add the remaning ingredients, mixing well. The dough will be sticky.
- Flour or oil your hands so you can handle the dough and form the dough into small, marble-sized balls.
- Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet, and use your fingers to gently flatten them.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottoms of the treats are golden brown.
- Flip the treats and bake for another five to 10 minutes or until both sides of the treats are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.