Your cat is adorable, totally hilarious and robbing the world of joy every minute you don’t share a video of him of her. Restore universal happiness by joining the fun in this year’s “The Friskies” cat video contest by Purina, announced yesterday at VidCon in Southern California to 16,000 cheering fans.
Grumpy Cat, the competition’s official spokescat, shared the arena stage at the video convention with this year’s cat video judges. Judges will be “captains” of the four categories, which are:
- Funny (#Funny) , with Grace Helbig
- Res-cute (#Rescute), with Jesse Wellens and NylahKitty
- Strange (#Strange), with Will Braden and Henri le Chat Noir
- Epic (#Epic), with Zach King
Here’s how you enter:
- Make videos up to minute long and go to TheFriskies.com, Instagram or Vine.
- Upload videos in one of four categories – Funny, Res-cute, Epic and Strange.
- For Instagram or Vine, use the hashtag #TheFriskies, along with category hashtag you choose for your video – #Funny, #Rescute, #Strange or #Epic – for proper placement.
Category captains will look at all entries and narrow them down to 12 finalists, three in each of the four categories. Purina will announce finalists Aug. 11, 2014. Fans then can vote (up to one vote per entry per person per day) for their favorite video online at www.TheFriskies.com from Aug. 11 to Sep. 8, 2014. Every vote means a donation of one can of Friskies wet cat food to 10 select pet shelters, up to 250,000 cans. Category captains can pick cat shelters to fund, too, with Friskies with Friskies donating over $20,000 to partnering shelters.
So cats awaiting homes can get the care they need before finding a family, and becoming the next great cat video stars of their forever homes.