When Kelly Lund lets his dog go outside, the two of them go way, way outside. The Colorado man and Loki, his 2-year-old Wolfdog (a beautiful blend of Husky, Arctic Wolf and Malamute), are taking as many adventures together as they possibly can, the kind of adventures that involve deep snow, mountain peaks and long nights sleeping underneath nothing but as many constellations as they could count.
Lund posts breathtaking photographs of their travels on Facebook and Instagram, carefully composed compositions that will probably make you want to grab your own dog, lace your boots and head into the wilderness beyond your own front yard. And that’s the point.
“I believe dogs aren’t meant to live out their lives in a backyard or inside a house. I hate to see that,” he wrote on Bored Panda. “I hope we are inspiring people to get out, explore our world and make memories with their pups.”
If these nine photos don’t motivate you to take your dog on an outdoor adventure, we don’t what will:
1. Loki goes his own way, Fleetwood Mac-style.
2. Loki probably knows how to make the perfect S’mores, too.
3. So basically, these guys live in a screensaver. Real life can’t look like this, can it?
4. Loki chopped this wood and built this shelter before you’d even brushed your teeth this morning.
5. Loki knows that women are incapable of resisting his furry chest. He learned that from Burt Reynolds.
6. Sometimes, even Loki has to wait for the caffeine to kick in.
7. These are the things that you miss when you stay in bed, smashing your fist into the snooze bar.
8. Here. This will be your first tattoo.
9. Sometimes, even saying “Wow” seems woefully inadequate.