Chenango Valley Pet Foods, which previously recalled dry pet foods that were manufactured with a shipment of rice protein concentrate, is now expanding its voluntary recall to include other pet foods.
The newly-recalled pet food products don’t contain rice protein concentrate, but they were manufactured during periods when rice protein concentrate formulas were processed.
The addition pet food recall is precautionary because of the possibility of cross-contamination, Chenango Valley said.
The recalled dry pet foods are:
- Doctors Foster & Smith Lamb & Brown Rice Formula Adult Dog Food, net wt. 6 lbs. (UPC 25141 28244), 15 lbs. (25141 30074), and 30 lbs. (UPC 25141 06043); date codes: best by Feb. 09, 2009 and best by Feb. 26, 2009
- Shop Rite Redi-Mixt Dog Food For Dogs, net wt. 25 lbs. (UPC 41190 00555), code: C7107
- Lick Your Chops Kitten & Cat Food, net wt. 4 lbs. (UPC 32976 25915); and 18 lbs. (UPC 32976 25925); date code: best used by April 29, 2008
- Shep chunk style dog food, net wt. 20 lbs. (UPC 41498 14142), date code: best by Mar. 14, 2008
- 8 in 1 Ferret Ultra-Blend Advanced Nutrition Diet, net wt. 20 lbs, (UPC 26851 00413), code: C7072
- Bulk Lamb & Brown Rice Formula Dog Food, date code: Feb. 09, 2008, sold to one consignee SmartPak
- Health Diet Cat Food Chicken & Rice Dinner, net wt. 1.81 kg/4 lbs. (UPC 78198 01594); 4 kg/8.8 lbs. (UPC 78198 01599); and 8 kg/17.6 lbs. (UPC 78198 01585); code C7072
- Evolve Kitten Formula, net wt. 3 lbs. (UPC 73657 00250) and 7 lbs. (UPC 73657 00251), date code: best used by Sept. 13, 2008
Evolve said it has already recovered “99.5 percent” of the recalled pet food products from its distributors and is working with dealers to recover the remaining inventory.
Pet owners who have purchased the recalled pet foods listed above should immediately discontinue using the products, and return them to the place of purchase for a refund.
No illnesses or injuries related to these products have been reported to date, but pet owners should consult with a veterinarian if they have any health concerns with their pet. Consumers with questions may contact the company at (610) 821-0608.
For a complete list of pet foods currently under recall, click here.
For more CatChannel articles on the pet food recall, click here.