Do you want to do something special for your best furry friend? Everyone enjoys a delicious homemade treat and dogs are no exception.
Whether you make all of your dog’s food or just want to give your dog a special culinary surprise, this cheesy Pooch Munchies recipe, from the Three Dog Bakery, is sure to have your dog begging for more.
Get the whole family involved for this quick and easy dog recipe.
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 12 min
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (do not use fresh garlic)
- 1/2 cup soft bacon fat
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Place flour and garlic salt in a large bowl. Stir in bacon fat. Add cheese and egg.
- Gradually add enough milk to form a dough.
- Knead dough and roll out 1-inch thick.
- Use a dog bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out dough. (Don’t have a cookie cutter? Use an upside down glass to cut out round cookies)
- Place dog bones on a greased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Cool and serve.
Treats should be fed in moderation. Consult your veterinarian any time you are making changes to your dogs food or diet.