Following a month-long investigation into alleged animal cruelty accusations against dog trainer Cesar Millan, no charges will be filed, FOX News reports.
A lawyer for Millan told the news organization Monday that the Los Angeles County Animal Control investigation of the “Dog Whisperer” star was complete.
“We appreciate Animal Control’s comprehensive, independent and fair investigation, which Cesar Millan actively cooperated with throughout,” attorney Brian Klein told FOX411 via email. “We were always confident that Animal Control would conclude that Cesar and his team did nothing wrong and that there would be no charges. We are very glad to learn that is the case.”
The most recent accusations against Millan surfaced following an incident during the filming of “Cesar 911,” which airs on the National Geographic station. Viewers contacted local animal welfare officials alleging possible cruelty during an episode, in which Millan used a live pig as part of a training session with a dog who had previously attacked two pet pigs. During the piece, the dog bit one of the pig’s ear, causing it to bleed.
Sheriff’s deputies and animal welfare authorities visited the TV star’s ranch following the complaint and reportedly issued a 24-hour notice for Millan — who was out of town during the visit — to contact investigators to discuss the pig’s well being. Several days later, media reports stated that the tape of that episode of the show might actual be enough to find Millan acted responsibly during the incident.
“I am pleased but not surprised by this news — our animal handling procedures are safe and humane,” Millan, 46, told FOX. “Just like LA County Animal Control, my team and I are 100 percent dedicated to the proper care of all animals, including the farm pig in this case.
“I am continuing my work rescuing and rehabilitating even the most difficult problem dogs, which has saved the lives of thousands of animals that otherwise would have been euthanized.”