Get your camera ready, and keep your eye on the birdie! It? time to send us your latest photographic creations. The 2013 BIRDS USA photo contest has two new categories:
1) ?ood Delight??Catch your bird with a beak full of food or enjoying a favorite treat.
2) ?inging It??Capture your bird being silly on film, whether it is hanging off the cage, hiding behind its favorite toy or making a silly face..
For each category, we will award first, second and third prizes. The first-prize winner will receive $150, second will receive $100 and third will win $75. The judges may also choose to honor various entries with ?onorable Mention?status (no prizes awarded). Winning photos will be published in the 2013 edition of BIRDS USA. All entries must be postmarked no later than October 3, 2012.
Clear, in-focus photos are the best, and make sure your bird is the main subject of the photo. Props can add to the appeal of your photo, but too much background clutter competes with the bird.
1) Send color photographs or digital images of pet birds. Photographs are to be unmounted and unframed. Each entry must have the bird? name and species, the photographer? name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and the category printed on or taped to the back of the photo. If you print directly on the back of the picture, place a sheet of paper behind it so the ink does not smear or imprint on another photo. Printed copies of digital photos may appear pixilated, which makes them unprintable. Digital images must be high resolution and at least 4 by 6 inches and 300 dpi.
2) Pick a category to submit your photo to: ?ood Delight?or ?inging It?Make a note on your entry form. Judges reserve the right to recategorize entries.
3) Send only previously unpublished photos. Only one prize per person per category will be awarded. Multiple entries may be submitted in one envelope. Photos with birds and non-avian animals together, birds eating junk food, birds in unsafe situations, or birds wearing costumes or hats will be disqualified.
4) Any amateur photographer may enter, except employees of BowTie, Inc. and their families.
5) All entries and photographs become the property of BowTie, Inc. and will not be returned unless an SASE is enclosed. Entrants must own the animals photographed or have the owner? permission to enter the photograph.
6) Prizes will be awarded to the photographer if different from the submitter of the photo. Winners will be chosen by judges selected by BIRDS USA. All decisions are final.
7) All entries must be postmarked no later than October 3, 2012. Send entries to BIRDS USA 2013 Photo Contest, P.O. Box 6050, Mission Viejo, CA 92690. Send digital photos to email@example.com (please put ?irds USA 2013 Photo Contest?in subject line.)
Category: ?ood Delight?amp;nbsp; or ?inging It?lt;br /> Species:
Name(s) of Birds:
Owners and Photographer:
The deadline to submit your entry is October 3, 2012.