If you have a puppy born in December, a rescue dog who loves the winter or you just love the holiday time of year, these dog names are sure to make you feel merry and bright. Here is a list of Christmas names, Hanukkah dog names, and winter dog names that will remind you of season’s greetings all year long.
Want to join in the reindeer games? Try out these famous reindeer names.
- Donner (also spelled Dunder and Donder)
- Blitzen (aslo spelled Blixem and Blixen)
These nine flying reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh and help him deliver Christmas gifts around the world. The names commonly associtated with Santa’s reindeer are based on eight used in the 1823 poem “A Visit from St. Nicholas.” Poet Clement C. Moore choose the names for their representation of speed, grace, power, and strength. The ninth and most popular reindeer, was made famous for his “bright and shiny nose” in the by the song “Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer”
Hanukkah Dog Names
- Dreidel – a four-sided, spinning top, played with during the Jewish holidays. It comes from the yiddish workd “dreydl” which means “to turn.”
- Kugel – a sweet noodle pudding
- Latke – potato pancakes eaten during Hanukkah.
Seasonal Dog Names
- Santa or Santa’s Helper
- Snow, Snowy or Snowball