- During the course of socialization, you can begin your Beagle puppy’s first days at school. Dress him for school in his collar and lead, and begin acclimating him to walking on his leash.
- A show puppy can be trained to stand on a grooming table. Don’t teach the sit exercise until you have mastered the stand/stay.
- Once his inoculations are complete, take your dog to public places so that he can grow confident.
- Commence crate training so that your puppy accepts the crate as his bedroom and den.
- Games are fun and lay the foundation for responding to his name and important commands.
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Beagle © 2005. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.