- The Aussie is a devoted and protective dog who needs to be kept active and made a true part of the family.
- The Aussie is intense in his work, and this intensity carries over into everything that he does.
- Training is a must with the highly intelligent and highly energetic Aussie. An untrained, bored Aussie will be an unruly dog prone to destructive behavior.
- On the other hand, a well-trained, active, well-socialized Aussie is a delightful companion who is capable of doing almost anything with his owners.
- The ideal Aussie owner has time and energy to devote to his dog.
Return to the Australian Shepherd Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Australian Shepherd © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Article Tags:Austrailian · australian shepherd · breed · buy · buying · dog · dog channel · dogs · evaluation · puppy · search · selection · type